More ideas following our author visits!
It would be absolutely fabulous to visit a different school each week and tour the country! Since I work in a school that would be a little tricky, but fear not, I can create some videos! and create content to be used as resources too! Amazing! I will organise some more visits as there is nothing more rewarding than seeing the children face to face and getting the vibes – they are sooo enthusiastic and engaged in the topics and themes Pixie and I talk about..
In the meantime….
Prior to a recent visit, I forwarded some ideas to the teachers and staff about what they could do after reading the book and stories on my blog
- I suggest that we have a competition for the children to dress up as an Eco Warrior superhero (the subject of the next book!) or an anime character like the anime persona of Pixie Van Dimple (see the canva link below – think metaversal transformations!) – with the trademark red hair and round glasses red cape/or Lil Red Hood from the retelling of Little Red Riding Hood! manga/anime characters! check out this canva link!
- Write a short book review about Pixie Van Dimple and the Wrong Kind of Artificial Intelligence – see my blog https://lynn-mcallister.com/2022/01/21/pixie-van-dimple/ (we can use this as a template for the session) and link to the Book Trust guide to writing a good review https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/tips-and-advice/writing-tips/writing-tips-for-teens/how-to-write-a-book-review/ – I will post some on my social media and website.
- Draw a picture/create some artwork about the character or the theme of online safety or smartphone safety
- Write a Pixie Van Dimple and the Wrong Kind of …………..? story – put in your own Kind of ……..? to write about something you are passionate about eg dairy farming and how the cows are made to keep having calves so that they can keep producing milk and how the intensive farming methods are not good for cows? Pixie Van Dimple and the Wrong Kind of Milk?? see blog about how to write a story https://lynn-mcallister.com/2021/07/28/pixie-van-dimple-needs-your-help-children/
- Write a ‘retelling’ story – for eg a modern version of a fairytale or another folk tale – read the story on my blog for ideas – https://lynn-mcallister.com/2021/09/15/pixie-van-dimple-introduces/
- It would be amazing if the school bought some copies of the book for the school library! and post pictures of the sessions of their website and social media (it you have Twitter etc)
- Remember, this is an entrepreneurial journey and the children can be part of the journey! Let’s see how global we can become! think BIG!
COMING SOON ….!!!!!!!!!